Thursday, June 19, 2008

Eggs Benedict.



I absolutely love Eggs Benedict, but it's a dish I'm always a little nervous to try. Sometimes it seems like it could be so easy, but I have my doubts. It's that darn hollandaise sauce. It seems so impossible to get right. Before today, I've only made it one other time and it turned out pretty bad. I think I was using a low-fat rendition or something.

Well, I'm not sure my attempt this morning would sell in a restaurant, but I think I managed to make myself a passable breakfast. I can poach eggs okay (they aren't the prettiest things though). Plating the eggs on an english muffin and slice of canadian bacon isn't hard either. It's just that darn hollandaise sauce. My sauce taste just fine, but it was on the thin side.

Oh well.

I think I heard somewhere that Trade Joe's sells hollandaise sauce in a jar. If so, I'll have to go stock up on that stuff before I leave the East Coast. Oh, how I love Trader Joe's. Especially their Orange Juice. My husband thinks it's a little strange that I can love a grocery store so much.

Anyway, the recipe I tried was from the Martha Stewart web site. It's courtesy of Josh Eden, a pretty amazing NYC chef.

Eggs Benedict

2 comments:

Callie Canlas said...

i was secretly hoping eggs benedict would be on your breakfast challenge "to do" list...they are my absolute fave! and i'm with you on being intimidated by the hollandaise. i tried my first one a couple of months ago and now eggs benedict is a breakfast staple in the canlas household :)

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Looks good, I havent ever tried it before though.