Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Baking: From My Home to Yours.



I am a lover of cookbooks. For someone who doesn't really like to spend time in the kitchen, purchasing a cookbook might not be the best Christmas gift. For me though, they are lovely. I like to just sit and read them.

Here's a book I recently purchased for myself:


More than I like to cook, I love to bake. Baking: From My Home to Yours is a James Beard Foundation Book Award Winner and is the 9th cookbook of Dorie Greenspan. In this cookbook, not only does she share over 230 recipes, but she also walks you through the steps like she is right there with you. I've already spent most of my afternoon reading about pound cake. Bookmarked shortbread cookie recipes. Thought about what cake I want to make for my birthday (yes, I want to make my own celebratory cake this year).

Good thing I've sworn of refine sugars for the remainder of the month -- otherwise I would be in the baking in the kitchen right about now.

No comments: