Monday, May 12, 2008

Challenge: Quiet Book



I've been planning this lil' project for awhile now, and now I'm finally committing. For my challenge this week, I'm going to make Mugga a quiet book of her very own. The best part of my design so far? Minimal sewing! (I'm embarrassed to admit I have a fantastic machine I hardly use.)

I'm making up my own story and pattern, but if you want a few ideas of your own here are a couple how-to links:

Martha Stewart

HowtoMe (this one looks much too complicated for me)

Here are two bloggers I found that made their own quiet books too:

Fowler Family

itybtyfrog's ideas

Since I've done nothing but buy materials, I don't have anything interesting to post right now. I'm aiming to do an 8 page book, so maybe I can whip up two or so pages a day (including cover). Hopefully the book I have pictured in my mind will be the book I see finished on Friday.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

ooh! I might have to do this challenge with you considering I've had it on my "to try" list for the past 3 years. Thanks for inspiring me.

amelia said...

These are seriously adorable! Ha, wish my kid was not, oh, incubating so I could have an excuse to spend time making one.

Kate said...

cute picture of your darling family, I haven't stopped by your sight for awhile... I like Veeda (is that your real name? Because it is really cool...)