Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Missing In Action.

Well, hello there.

Remember me? I used to be a blogger and post here quite often. I'm sure I've lost all my blogging friends by now, I completely understand. It's a consequence that happens when you sudden drop of the face of the blog-o-sphere.

Things in my household have been quite busy these past few weeks, but the thing keeping me the busiest is this:



By busy I mean too nauseous to want to live, by busy I mean to tired to do anything but nap, by busy I mean occupying my time by shoving lots and lots of low sodium saltine crackers into my body. I don't think I've done anything productive in like, a month. There are some women who are fantastic pregnant. They either don't get sick, or their sickness doesn't affect them much. Me? I'm a complete mess the first trimester.

Super moody, extremely tired and ridiculously picky about the food I put into my mouth. It seems like so many things make me want to hurl. This of course, explains my Crock Pot Challenge disaster of 2008. Unfortunate for me, my morning (okay really, it was all freaking day) sickness kicked in during the middle of that challenge. Now it's all I can do to keep myself from gagging whenever I see a slower cooker.

Also, needless to say I never even started my quiet book challenge. Oh, and don't ask me the last time I'm tried writing something to get published. (Me in the first trimester also makes a bad freelance writer.)

But thankfully I'm feeling much better now after my first three months. Which is good, because I have a pretty filled summer ahead of me. Our family is headed out East for an internship for Axel at the end of the week. He starts Monday in D.C., and I'm not even remotely close to getting the house in order or packing for 10 weeks. I suppose it's fortunately that I'm already with a chubby belly, because this limits the wardrobe I'll take. Also, now I have a great excuse to hit up the H&M Mamma section.

So, I promise I'll be a much better blogger from now on. I don't have any more first trimester excuses, so I should be back quite regularly.

We are so excited for our growing family ... I'm starting to think baby stuff all over again. You can bet I'm already dreaming about double strollers.

14 comments:

Crystal said...

YaY! I am so happy for you! Congratulations on baby #2!!!

Callie Canlas said...

Congrats Veeda! I'm feeling you on the complete lack of productivity for the first trimester...it completely wipes me out. Good luck getting everything packed up and ready to go. And we need to get that cute sippy back to you before you go. :)

julia said...

that is so exciting for you guys!! congratulations!

Mojo said...

Way to go Brenda and Veeda! I'm so happy for you two. Get ready, here comes the madness.

Sheela said...

yay now i can tell people!

haha the comment before mine...haha brenda. sorry to just put brendubulous out there

amanda said...

can't wait to see your lil' ball of asian babyness.

Senja said...

congrats!! that is awesome! :)

The Mrs. said...

We know what you've been doing! Congratulations!

Heather said...

Congratulations! I TOTALLY know how you feel! As I was reading this post I could just FEEL the things you were writing! I just hit my 13th week today. What a miracle that the "morning" sickness goes away...for the most part!

brooklyn said...

Congratulations you guys! I'll be anxious to see the amazing little one that will more than make up for the sickness!

amelia said...

YEAH!!! So happy for you guys!!! The new addition already looks adorable.

adriennep said...

Hey! Awesome! Congratulations! We're so excited for you!

Molly said...

Veeda! I'm so excited for you! Now you will have TWO beautiful kids! Here's to feeling better, huh?

Veronica said...

Congrats! I feel you on the crock pot thing. When I was just pregnant with Savannah I made this amazing chicken pot pie and for my whole pregnancy and even for months after I couldn't even look at a picture of chick pot pie with out puking!