Friday, March 28, 2008

Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache & Cream Cheese Frosting.



Today I make Banana Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache & Cream Cheese Frosting from Kara's Cupcakes. They were okay, not my favorite of the week. Maybe it's because a banana cupcake is essentially a banana bread cupcake, but I wasn't won over. The cupcake was very soft. The cream cheese frosting is decent, but my chocolate ganache ran a little thin. Piping it in to the cupcake was a little messy, but not too difficult.

I probably won't make this again. My husband, who has been a huge help through out this enitire challenge (he willingly sampled and took my last two pictures) really like the banana cupcakes. The recipe looks more time consuming that it actually is, I found it too be pretty simple. So maybe it's a keeper.

I'm DONE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think V wasn't impressed because they remind her too much of banana bread, but these were really good. They have that banana taste associated with banana bread but were moist and pillowy light like a cupcake. Add to that the ganache and cream cheese frosting and these melt in your mouth.

I also think that judging these 5 all-star recipes in 5 days skews the perspective a bit. These were all above average and well executed.

Anonymous said...

After further review. These cupcakes lose a lot of magic after sitting in the fridge. Perhaps you could warm them in the oven again to get that magic back, but otherwise you better eat them up quick.