Monday, March 24, 2008

Sprinkles' Strawberry Cupcake Recipe.




At first, I was a little hesitant to try Sprinkles' Strawberry Cupcake recipe. There were a lot of reviews saying the cupcake was too dense. It was dry. The frosting was runny. It didn't taste like strawberries. I am happy to say my cupcakes did not turn out that way -- they are pretty good actually.

True, there isn't an overwhelming strawberry flavor, but I don't think there needs to be. The cupcake was delicious, not at all dry and crumbly. My frosting is probably a little more chunky because didn't pureed the strawberries super fine. Either way, I absolutely love it.

To make the red and pink dots, I used salt water taffy. I don't have fondant on hand, so I improvised. Overall, I'm quite pleased with my results. I don't consider myself the most expert baker, but I can handle my own in the kitchen. This recipe was easy and I chalk it up as a winner.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Salt Water Taffy?
You, my friend, are a genius.

Heather said...

Love your blog! Way cute!!

Veeda said...

Crystal, not so much a genius. Just too lazy to figure out how make fondant.

and heather, yay! I'm glad you like it. Thanks for stopping by.

Natalie Hill said...

glad to know they're worth it. just gave the red velvet along with fab cupcake supplies as a wedding gift. as a girl who doesnt drink, i take my sweets seriously. magnolia doesn't thrill me.... i'll have to make my own.

Anonymous said...

This was an amazing cupcake. I tasted the final product myself. It was moist and dense and the frosting wonderfully complimentary. I give it a big thumbs up. I heard that some home bakers have had some trouble with the recipe but not my little pâtissier.

Bring on the next challenger!!

Holly said...

What a delightful blog you have! I am huge fan of cupcakes, especially Sprinkles. They are so delicious!!

Thanks for all the recipes! I have been craving cupcakes this week!