Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Magnolia's Vanilla Cupcake.



First of all, I am so flattered that so many people are visiting my new little blog! Thanks for all your nice comments. If I could, I would give you all cupcakes.

Unfortunately, they just won't be from the batch of Magnolia's Vanilla Cupcakes I made today ... I just don't think they are good enough to make again.

My first few baked dry. I have a temperamental oven that runs hotter than most, so I usually adjust baking time down by 5 minutes. Even after my initial subtraction, the cupcakes came out with a hard crusty top. I took more time off the suggested baking time and my next set cooked perfectly.

Maybe it's because vanilla has never been my favorite flavor, but I thought the cupcake was just so-so. Okay, it was boring. So you can imagine what I thought of the vanilla frosting. The sprinkles give it a bit of pizzaz, but for Magnolia's most famous flavor, I was disappointed. They sure look pretty though. The cake itself baked well, but flavor wise, it's a pass.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

I am partial to Magnolia's red velvet cupcake. I am so glad I have one of the cook books!

Leslie said...

i'm glad you had the same experience i did. gotta try something else next time, i guess. both of us!