Monday, June 16, 2008

Carrot Cake Pancakes.




I've never even thought that things like Carrot Cake Pancakes would exist. When IHOP starting flashing their recent commercials, I decided I wanted them. Like right now. Since I am pregnant and very susceptible to food cravings, I sometimes have to close my eyes when food commercials come on TV. Most of the time I think, Oh, no. Not another burger commercial.

I don't want a burger. I don't want a burger. I don't need a burger.

"Honey?" I call to my husband in the next room. "Can you get me a burger?"

After lots of Internet searching, I decided to use this recipe I found on this tasty food blog. It has all the components I wanted: no pre-made pancake mix, no raisins, no pineapples. and yes, just like real carrot cake, the recipe also includes a cream cheese topping.

This morning, I woke up at 5 a.m. to whip these babies up. Axel leaves for work a little before 6 a.m., and I wanted to cook for him. I consider it payback for all the late night burger runs. The pancakes are super fluffy, just the way I like them. It's a pretty good recipe. On the cook's suggestion, I sweetened the cream cheese with some powder sugar. When I plated the cakes, I put the topping on the side. It may be optional for some (like my toddler) but not for others (like me who enjoys dessert for breakfast).

The best part of the pancakes? My little Mugga loved 'em. She ate them even with out syrup or any additional sweeteners. I feel pretty good knowing I just gave her carrots first thing in the morning. And she didn't even notice. Hah!

Carrot Cake Pancake Recipe here.

4 comments:

f*bomb. said...

O my gosh! That sounds so UNBELIEVABLY DELISH!

As for Mugga...Have you seen the stuff in that new cookbook, Deceptively Delicious? I'm considering doing it to myself, considering that the most vegatable in my diet comes from frozen burritos. (shudder.)

LJ, DC and ML said...

uh oh, these sound DELICOUS! I might need to make some.

Crystal said...

yummmmm! Will try this. Thanks!

amelia said...

OH WOW I want. We always have carrots in the fridge, so this could be pretty easy to make too!