Thursday, June 5, 2008

East Coast I love you, but you're bringing me down.

I know, I know. I said I would be a better blogger, and look. It's taken me almost a week again to post something.

Well, I blame tornadoes, crazy mean thunderstorms and super bad internet connection. Yes, this is the welcome the East Coast has given me. The very first day we are here, there is a tornado warning.

Yesterday, we were out power all day and night. Axel was almost blown over at a bus stop in D.C. on his 2 hour commute home, and I had absolutely no techology for most of the day. No cell phone, no central air, no TV, no nothing. Just me and the baby. Watching the sky grow dark.

Well, this morning things are starting to look better. The AC finally kicked back on an hour ago, just in time for Mugga to watch Yo Gabba Gabba and for me not to shower in the dark.

So, right now I'm off to do something fun. We're hitting the mall. And some Popeye's Fried chicken. See ya.

2 comments:

amanda said...

mmm...popeye's. wish i could feed my tummy some of that delicious chicken.

Becca said...

You and your pop eyes. I guess there's always going to be that one thing to lure you back to the east coast, tornados and all:)

Seriously, I'm so glad you're here. I know it's hot and the commute for Axel is a killer, but we love having you just down the street!