Monday, June 23, 2008

Quiche and French Toast.

Well, I didn't get the chance to make that quiche till late late Friday evening. Axel and I ended up eating it for a midnight snack, and was it good. Unfortunately I don't have a picture, but here's the shot from Food & Wine:


Over-the-Top Mushroom Quiche

In our household, we don't appreciate things like mushrooms as food, so I used some smoked sausage instead. I will never make that substitution again. The quiche was already extremely rich and with the added meats, it was a little out of control. Maybe I'll use asparagus next time.

On Saturday, I tried the french toast recipe I didn't get to last week for a breakfast brunch with friends. It was a hit! This recipe is a keeper. Courtesy of Martha Stewart of course, but it's not her recipe. She had Riad Nasr and Lee Hanson from Balthazar restaurant in NYC on her show. They made their yummy french toast, and I'm glad I now have it in my collection. You can watch the show on the recipe link too:

Balthazar Brioche French Toast

I used challah bread instead of brioche and I loved, loved, loved it.

Oh, and just to let you know, I had breakfast today too. Nothing special, just cereal. But maybe, just maybe, breakfast will stick.

1 comment:

Molly said...

French toast is probably my favorite food of all time. It's the only thing I know how to make that is guaranteed to be super yummy every time. Hahaha. I will definitely be trying this recipe.