Monday, June 16, 2008

Challenge: Breakfast


I'm really bad about eating breakfast. It's a little boring to me. Usually just cold cereal. Peanut butter toast. If I'm ambitious, I'll fry some eggs.

I think one of the reasons why I don't look forward to breakfast is because I'm usually eating it by myself. It's something I shove down my throat out of necessity, something I know I need to do but don't particularly enjoy. Well, I recently read an article in New York Magazine that has my mind thinking differently about the most important meal of the day:

How I Learned to [Heart] Breakfast (or at Least What to Eat for It)

I'm not going to go into the article, but it's so interesting. It caught my attention enough, that I decided that this week, I'm eating breakfast. Not only am I not skipping my morning meal, but I'm going to make some recipes I've always wanted to try.

So, this week I'm thinking about breakfast. Because I want to look forward to my mornings, I'm making dishes that aren't so healthy, but definitely worth waking up for.

2 comments:

Laura said...

oh this would be such a good challenge for me...
i am so bad about not eating breakfast.
...er, i may regret this tomorrow morning, but count me in!

Veeda said...

Laura, thanks for joining me! I'll add you to my link list for the week.