Friday, April 18, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust.


Yesterday's crock pot adventured was awful! I'm not sure what it is that is causing me to blunder so much. Maybe I'm trying all the wrong type of recipes in a crock pot. Since I have no experience in slow cooking, I don't know what works and what does.

I attempted the Cheesy Spinach-Artichoke Dip, and l just couldn't bring myself to eat it. The dip look like regurgetated puke, and it smelled even worse. The reek of melted feta cheese was way overpowering -- seriously. It smell was like something out of a baby's diaper.

Just on scent alone, I am not touching that dip. Of course the sight of it also makes me shudder.

After this week, I maybe never crock pot, or eat feta cheese again.

2 comments:

Annie. said...

I found your blog through a friend of a friend, and have added you on Google reader because I like what you have to say and all your fun ideas. Keep it up!

At the risk of sounding that I am laughing at your crockpot woes (which I am NOT), I have to tell you that this post was absolutely hilarious to me. Probably because I often feel the same way in the kitchen! Our crockpot, especially, gives me grief. Just know that you aren't the only one with horrific slow-cooking disasters...

Veeda said...

Annie, thanks so much for visiting -- and adding me to your Google reader! I'm glad someone else understands my crock pot frustrations. I'm seriously thinking of giving it up!