Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Slow Cooking Blogs.



After dinner last night (which happened at exactly 8:02 p.m.) I decided I need to change around some of my recipes. The Chicken Stew in White Wine was great. The chicken was super tender, the stew really flavorful. But it might have been better if it wasn't 72 degrees outside.

While compiling my recipes this week, I didn't take in the seasonal appeal of the dishes. Eating a hearty stew in almost-summer weather wasn't ideal. For this reason, I'm scratching a few recipes off the list and trying something else.

Right now, I searching around for lighter summer recipes (if anyone has any recommendations, please let me know) and stumbled across numerous blogs based soley on crock pot cooking.

Here are a couple I found interesting:

A year of CrockPotting

A Crock Cook

Man, there are blogs for everything.

I'll be back later with updated recipes. I never thought slow cooking would be this time consuming.

4 comments:

amelia said...

I've seen crock pot recipes before for shredded pork to put in tacos or burritos...Mexican food is great all year round. Of course, I don't have any I can link to, sorry!

Crystal said...

Good to know that after all your hard work and a trip to the liquor store (!)you were able say it turned out tasty.
:)

Jessie said...

Check out www.dinnermadepossible.blogspot.com It's a blog my friends and I contribute to, and you'll find that most (if not all) of the recipes are quicky, easy and always a hit at the dinner table. There are also a lot of crock pot recipes.

Veeda said...

thanks jessie for the suggestions...I'll go take a look!