Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Log Off Day 3



Yesterday, keeping myself to 30 minutes on the internet was much easier. I didn't even cheat -- not once! 

The morning is probably the most tempting time for me, this is when I'm usually online. The downfall to my logging off is that I have not done any writing this week. Even typing on the computer is too much of a temptation. Oh well, this is why freelance works. I have an interview I will probably need to type up on Friday, but by the end of the week I should be much stronger.

Instead of being online yesterday I:
  • Spent lots of time playing with Mugga. She loves her new baby doll and likes to put her to sleep, change her diaper and feed her cheese.
  • Made risotto with shrimp in celebration of the Hell's Kitchen (You may notice that I like a lot of dumb TV shows). Risotto is something the cooks on the show always mess up, and I wanted to try it for myself.
  • Did laundry. Folded laundry. Did more laundry (I'm always behind on laundry).
  • Started getting the house ready for company this week.
  • Remembered to bring my reusable bags to the grocery store (this probably has nothing to do with spending less time on the Internet, but I was really happy with myself. I'm always forgetting those darn bags).
  • Poked around at my garden.

I know, the exciting life of the stay at home mom.

Thanks again everyone for joining me in this challenge. It puts more pressure on me to do better.

*Update: I just went 7 minutes over today. Stupid Facebook.

2 comments:

Sheela said...

ummm and i was there! duh!

k8 said...

facebook is the internet version of crack. i hate it/love it.