Friday, April 18, 2008

Skirt Tugging.

Despite the frustrations of crock pot cooking (i had no idea I would be so horrible) there have been some great highlights in my kitchen this week.

Example:

As I scrambled eggs for Mugga's lunch yesterday, she did the amazing thing. She stood next to me and tugged at my skirt. My toddler has never done this before, and the small little gesture surprised me.

It wasn't a nagging pull, like a "Hurry Up With My Eggs Mom" pull, but sort of a flapping dancing motion. She clutched my hem in her little hands and moved it back and forth. Her body swayed from side to side and she gazed up at me. To whatever imaginary song she heard in her head, we both bobbed our head to the music.

Mug was so cute right then, dancing with my skirt to some song only she could hear, I couldn't help but laugh. I scooped her up in my arms and we danced and stirred the eggs together. 

Having her in my life is so fun at times. But honestly, Mugga was probably just happy I wasn't slow cooking anything. 

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Once when I went to take a pot to the stove from the sink and I had both kids clinging to my pajama bottoms. The kids both slid off my legs along with my pants, but at least I didn't drop the pot!
I should probably start wearing skirts. A skirt wouldn't come off so easily.
:)

Becca said...

That's a great story. I already like dancing with Ella to songs we hear in our head, but I suppose she wont start tugging for a while. I can't wait to see you!

Molly said...

That is really sweet. Makes me want a little girl of my own.

Speaking of dancing, you've got to check out Savannah on Veronica's blog. I was totally laughing when she was "getting down."

amy said...

I have to say, V, that I don't really feel satisfied with my placement under "KIT" on your blog. I mean, what does it take to be under "blog reads" or "blog looks" or something more exciting than just plain, old, boring, nothing-better-to-do-than KIT? Just tell me and I'll do it! I'm not afraid to change! :)