Monday, April 28, 2008

Back Home.

As much fun as it is to travel, it always such a relief to be home again. Especially if I managed to clean the house before we left. Returning to a clean house after a long trip is one of the greatest feelings ever.

We had lots of fun adventures on our Southern California trip. We try and get down there once a year to visit family and to eat delicious food (where we live, dim sum isn't the best).

Probably one of the most memorable things happened about 4 hours into the drive. This is the point when Mugga exploded in her diaper and needed a change of clothes. We stopped the car and I went straight to the trunk in search of extra pants. As I was rumaging past the portable crib, the stroller, my own clothes bag, it occurred to me that my daughter's bag was not in the trunk. It was actually sill sitting on the coffee table in the living room.

What kind of mother am I that I forget my daughter's clothing? The same kind that was even more bothered that my makeup bag was also left on the coffee table back home. In my mind, replacing a few days worth of children's clothing isn't that big of an investment. But my makeup? I am very particular about everything I put on my face. From my SPF 30 face lotion to a certain eye lash curler, the contents of my makeup bag is much more costly. Yes. So whatever kind of mother I am, I am this one.

We ended up buying Mug a few cute summer things from Target (so cheap!). I also swallowed my pride and just bought more foundation. Luckily I still had some lipstick in my purse.

Now that we are back home, it's nice to remember all the fun we had in California. I'll probably post more about the trip later. It sure is nice to sleep in my bed again. Put Mug in her crib. And use my favorite eyeliner.

3 comments:

Molly said...

What SPF 30 face lotion do you use? I just posted a couple days ago that I'm looking for a good SPF face lotion.

Oh, and I left my makeup at my mom's house for a week, and while I would normally just go without it, I had to look good for Jenni and Jared's wedding, so I went and bought all new makeup. It wasn't cheap. But now I have two sets and I love it.

Veeda said...

Molly,
I love Aveeno Positively RAdiant Daily Moisturizer SPF 30. I have really dry skin and it works so well. Also, it's at any drug store.

amelia said...

UGH...I think any girl can relate to leaving a make-up bag behind. Mine is a random assortment of nicer department store stuff to 99 cent Wet n' Wild. I would be so bugged!