Monday, April 21, 2008

Slow Cooking Summary.


Well, on Friday I decided to stop being fancy with my slow cooker and just try something simple. I opened up my Betty Crocker Cookbook and tried this Slow Cooker Potato and Double-Corn Chowder:



Once again, what I made in my pot looked nothing like what came out of the test kitchens. The chowder was okay, a little unremarkable. It still looked gross to me, and I didn't want to eat it (luckily there are husbands, who out of the kindness of their heart, will eat any kitchen disaster).

This might have been the worst challenge I've ever done. Everything I made turned out awful. I mean, I don't even think I'm that bad of a cook, I guess I just can't slow cook. I don't think I'm ever trying again. And now I no longer want that beautiful All-Clad Slower Cooker. so maybe there is something good that came out of this experiment after all. Oh well, I'll just have to hint at something else for Mother's Day.

2 comments:

amanda said...

i have a great corn chowder recipe that eva, ikumi and i made up when we all lived together. it's not for the slow cooker though, so you can be assured you won't get it wrong. and it's all about taste and what you decide to put in it each time you make it. pete loves it. i'll have to give you my best rendition of what it includes.

f*bomb. said...

This from the woman who whips up exotic feasts that involve spouts, roots and coconut.